Saturday, August 29, 2009

Week #4, Saturday

What a perfect day for walking. Cool, breezy, sunny. What more could you ask for? Today's instructions were "walking, easy, 5 miles". Sorry, no can do. And I do have to remember that the program I'm following is for a 10K and I only plan to run a 5K so, I DON'T have to walk 5 miles if I don't want to. It's not that I didn't want to, it's that I couldn't. My foot is in bad shape again. I'm going to the doctor on Monday and I'm going to take the advice of friends and let her inject me with the huge needle. It makes me want to throw up just thinking about it. I've always been this way. I would never have made a good nurse. I get queasy if I brake a nail. Once loving daughter had to go the doctor to get stitches in her head and I had to leave the room and put my head between my knees. It's pretty bad. When my girls were babies, I couldn't even clean out their noses with those sucky things. My sister would have to come and do it. Anyway, if I'm going to walk and what's more, run, I'll have to get something done. So, remember me in your prayers around 4:30 Monday afternoon please.

Speaking of running, I have a questions for my fellow runners. Have you ever been running down a hill and have the sudden fear of tripping over your own feet? What happens if you do? Do you land on your knees? Do you land on your face? Do you just tumble over and break your neck? Well, for some unknown reason when I was walking down the sidewalk in front of the high school today, I had this sudden urge to just take off running. And that's what I did. Just started running. I then started thinking about this tripping thing and by the time I got across the little bridge and started up the hill, I stopped and just walked. When I got to the flat area behind McDonald's, I started running again. I figured that if I tripped on flat ground, at least I wouldn't roll too far. I must look pretty funny running because Miss Priss and her mom saw me running yesterday down my street and as they drove along beside me with the window down, Miss Priss was giggling and says "Gamma, you look funny running". So, if your granddaughter says you look funny, then by gosh you look funny.

Anyway, my foot is killing me. After my walk today, I cleaned my entire house and then my mom wanted to go to Lowe's. Now, when I go to Lowe's, I know exactly what I'm after. But not my mom!!! We look at the blinds repeatedly for 1 hour. The same blinds over and over and over. And of course she decides on the first ones we saw. And after our trip to the mall with our same experience with the shoes that she ended up NOT getting, my foot hurt even worse.

Next, hubby and I went to eat and then paid our weekly visit at Walmart. Today we went to the Walmart in Belmont. More walking on aching foot. In the 25.3 years that I have been married to said man, he has become an expert Walmart buggy rider. As we were leaving the Walmart today, he was riding the buggy through the parking lot and some lady passed me smiling and all I said was "I pity his poor wife". I took the long way to where we had parked and hid my face with a bag.

Well, I'm supposed to be "off" tomorrow but we'll see. If it is as nice tomorrow as it has been today, I may get out there anyway. Who knows?

Until then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment