Thursday, August 20, 2009

Days Seventeen and Eighteen

This working thing is just really not working for me...Up too late. Up too early. Too much to do at school to get ready for the little darlings on Tuesday. Staying too late. Too much to do at home. I've needed to go to the grocery store since Monday. I'll have to go soon because we are now down to our last roll of toilet paper. My house is a disaster. I finally ran the dishwasher tonight and vacuumed the den. And I'm tired!!!

The past few days have become a blur. Yesterday's instructions were "walking, moderate, 3 miles". The only thing I remember about that walk was that it started storming and I got wet.

Today's instructions "Walking, easy, 2 miles". My plan for today was to leave school and be home by 4:00. Didn't happen. I didn't get home until after 5:00 and I had to go to Office Max for a few choice items. So off hubby and I went. I found the various items I wanted to purchase and went to check out. I then realized that I had left my bag, which could be used as a 15% off coupon, at home and those jerks would not give me the discount without the bag. Since I spent over $50.00 that would have been $7.00. There's a lot I can do with $7.00. Lunch, a good magazine, a smelly candle, a pair of socks (which I desperately need), toilet paper (which I'm going to need soon), 7 little organic chocolate milks for Miss Priss, 7 things at the Dollar Tree, 7 diet cokes from the machine at work (which is a rip-off), and the list goes on. Well, after we left the Office Max we went to eat. Two tables from us sat a family, mom, dad, and three little girls. Just you typical middle class family. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't eavesdropping, I was just able to overhear their conversations. These are the things I learned about this family: 1) They had traveled for three hours and three more hours to go. 2) The oldest daughter was in the 97 percentile for height and the 75 percentile for weight. 3) Before the middle daughter was born, they had to do an ultrasound because her head was too big. (Mom assured her that her head was just big because it was full of brains.) 4) The youngest daughter is a wild child and has a new friend at pre-school named Anna.

Anyway, we returned home and after putting a load of clothes in Challenger 15 (my washing machine that is about to take off after 15 years of service), I headed out the door for my sissy walk. After getting halfway through my neighborhood, I met up with a friend and we walked together. We ended up walking a bit farther than my 2 miles but it was nice to have a companion for a change but I really do like walking alone better. It gives me a chance to unwind and think and plan and observe things. Oh, and she thinks the car seat looks like a dog too!!

Until tomorrow or whenever......

No comments:

Post a Comment