Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week 3 - Sunday

Today is supposed to be a rest day.. Good thing 'cause I feel like crap. I'm going to try to stay in all day. I need a Wii and that way I can stay inside a do stuff. I have lost some weight, thank goodness, and my thighs are smaller. I didn't really pay that much attention to it until my daughter crashed at our house last week and made some crude comment about my hiney and thighs. And, I have gone down two pants sizes. I found two pairs of my favorite pants hanging in the back of my closet after Christmas that I had put back there a couple years ago when I out grew them, hoping I'd be able to wear them again because I do love them. I tried them on and they fit. Yippee......Then, I had a pair of them on when Catherine was coloring my hair and got hair dye on them...so much for that. I can still wear them if I wear something long over them. My luck....

One thing fun about this time of year, when it's cold and you can't do anything but sit around and wish for warmer weather and springtime, is that we start planning our summer vacation. Last year, like most every year, we went on a family vacation to Myrtle Beach. We camp at Pirateland Campground. We have been doing this for 20 years and have wonderful memories. The past couple years we have taken both our campers so there would be plenty of room for our growing group..Mom and dad came year before last and we had a blast. This past year was horrible. I always make final reservations in February. I got a commitment from the kids and their significant others, and made reservations for the week after we got out of school. Lane and I were to go on Tuesday and the others would be filtering in on Wednesday and Thursday evening. Our self contained camper is perfect for me, hubby and Tobi. That's why we bought it. Our pop-up will sleep about 50 and has plenty of room for the others. We felt certain Miss Priss would be sleeping with us, and that is fine. We can really sleep more in our camper, but are selfish and greedy and want it all to ourselves. We did let mom and dad sleep with us and Ryan and Liz stayed with us once when she was pregnant (A whole different story. Heard of the Exorcist??) Anyway, it turned out that Miss Priss went with us on Tuesday, fine with me, youngest daughter and boyfriend decided to stay in his little vw station wagon and not bring pop-up. (Remember, back in February I had paid for two sites for five nights.) Son-in-law couldn't get off work (forget about that commitment back in February) and Liz decided not to come until Friday and only stayed one night with us in our camper.

We had fun but things just didn't work out the way I had planned. I really thought things would be different. I thought the four kids would all stay, harmoniously, in the pop-up and Tobi would stay nicely in his kennel and not scream and bark and chew up everything he could get his teeth on when we left him alone. WRONG...

I had, back in the planning stages, decided to get doggy valium for Tobi. He is a nervous little creature when riding and when at a different place. He hates everybody. Including Miss Priss and she just loves him. Poor thing. He likes to be at home on his couch or in his/our bed. If I stayed in bed for a week sick, he would stay in there with me. He'd probably never go to the bathroom...Catherine and I had to sneak to drug him because hubby was afraid he would get addicted. He was afraid he'd come home from work one day and there'd be Tobi, sitting up on the couch, drinking a beer, smoking a cigarette and watching MTV with a bandanna wrapped around his head. So we'd give him a whole pill and lie and tell hubby we had only given him the recommended 1/4 of the pill. He was fine, just kinda laid back. It didn't really work, though. He managed to chew up a blanket, a rug and a bath towel by reaching them through the kennel and we could hear him baking on our way back from the beach. We had to go out to eat in shifts so someone could dog sit. But, I do love that dog.....

Sooooo, this year hubby and I have decided, to heck with all of them. Oh, we are still going to the beach and if they want to come, they can. We'll probably take Miss Priss but the rest of them can make their own plans and we are only staying maybe 4 nights and only one site. There!!!! But the fun trip we are planning is to Massachusetts. We are still in the initial stages of planning but we're working on it and will make our final reservations next month. Good thing I didn't make any reservations yet, I was looking at things on the internet last night and realized that the week we had sort of decided on is "Gay Pride Week" in Boston. Hubby is not really in to that and I do want to go to Boston. I want to see the Old North Church and the Charlestowne River and Robert Frost lived there once. Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard are on our list too. Anybody know any good places to eat there? Oh, and who wants to keep my dog????

No comments:

Post a Comment