Thursday, December 1, 2011

T minus one

One more day and then it's on. Susan and I walked the route today. Still not real sure how I feel about it. I do know with absolute certainty that I felt better having her with me. It sure did seem like a loooooooooong way. There were lots of other people out doing the same thing. Most of them running. Whatever...good for them.....All those skinny little girls in their tight little spandex pants. humph.

OK, enough negativity. I am excited. That first hill is deadly but after that, it wasn't really that bad. We actually ran down Sims Street and up the little hill and finished in about 55 minutes. Susan, my inspiration, says we will probably finish faster on Saturday with all the other people around. Well, all I had to say to that was that she might but I am not real sure about me. I am 50, you know. Never done anything like this before in my life. I have heard of lots of people doing things they never thought they would do when they get my age. Things like skydiving or getting a tattoo or buying a cutsie little red sports car. So I guess a 5K is a conservative way to enter this stage of life.

Anyway, I guess we'll see how it goes on Saturday. Everything I have read says to rest up the day before and get a good night's sleep. Good luck with that sleeping thing. And dangit, I want a hoodie.....

No comments:

Post a Comment